About my blog


When I was a little girl, I struggled to read. Reading did not come naturally to me; however, over the last 30 years I have become an avid reader, I love books. I love LDS (Latter Day Saint) Historical fiction, I love romance, I love biographies, I love stories of hope, and ways to help. I will post books that I have read, ones that have warmed my heart and given me hope!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Journey of Honor: a love story

Journey of Honor: a love story


by: Jacyln M. Hawkes


"Disowned, she came to America anyway. Attacked and left pregnant by a vicious mob, she still pressed on. Finally, in psite of being accused of theft by the vilest of her attackers, Giselle tries to remain as upbeat and uncomplaning as a prairie wildflower as she travels on to Zion."



Having a pioneer heritage, I read this book and thought of my ancestors who braved the trek across the vast United States of America, as they looked towards the Great Salt Lake valley as a refuges from persecution.



This book was an inspiriting look at the trials and hardships the pioneers encountered on the trek west. Journey of Honor brought a new understanding of how difficult this era was in the history of the United States. Living outside, under the elements, with wild animals, and Indians would be enough to shake anyone's faith; however, for Giselle she was strong and courageous and although she faced hard times, nothing compared to the final decision she would have to face in Salt Lake; saying goodbye to Trace.



If you are a romantic at heart, like I am. If you believe in being in love, or the idea of being in love and falling in love, then this story is one you must read. Trace and Giselle endure many hardships and yet along the way they work side-by-side to take the wagon train west. Trace a physician who leaves the south to avoid any further racism; he decides to take teamsters west to deliver goods. This is when he meets Giselle, she is a young beautiful Dutch woman, who joined the LDS church (Mormon), they are an unlikely match. This story is enlightening with many twists and turns.



I would recommend this book to the romantic at heart, to those who like adventurous love stories, to anyone who is LDS, this book is written with an LDS theme, the book is inspirational, there is a small amount of violence, though the book does not go into detail, the book has no offensive language. I thoroughly loved this book!



Sandie


Disclaimer: I purchased this book on my own and was not given a copy to review. The review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment